Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sweet 16

16.
A number so meaningful to me. 
A number that has brought me "luck". 
An age, a year, in which I can never forget. 

I finally got myself together and went on a 4 mile walk with Napoleon.
He of course was a happy camper. 
And I reflected. 
I thought about what have I learned since I was 16?
I've  learned so much, I've grown into such a different, yet the same person...
When I was 16, I was still, well for lack of a better world in a "bubble". A naive, innocent bubble. I thought the world was good, daises and ponies and what not. 
So much has changed in me and around me since then...
SO the top 16 things I've learned or has grown stronger since I was Sweet Sixteen...

(in no order)
1. Parents can be wrong.
2. You have to fight about what you care for, what feels right. 
3. Happiness is a choice, a choice that's often in front of you...everyday.
4. True friends are hard to come by. Find them, keep them, and don't let them go.
5. You will always find a way to survive, even in the darkest moments.
6. Ice cream, no matter how cold it is outside always warms the right places.
7. Pizza, if not controlled, is still a food I can eat everyday
8. Grilled cheese is still my comfort food.
9. Having endless love for someone is a feeling that stays un-describable. 
10. You can truly miss someone so much it hurts.
11. The past should always stay in the past.
12. Living "in the moment" is a hard task. 
13. No time should be spent on "regrets". It's what you were feeling, thinking, wanting at that time in your life, you can't get that time back...so why dwell?
14. Letting go is sometimes the best and only answer
15. Having your heartbroken is one of the most horrible and painful things you can probably go through. 


16. Always take time to see who and what is in front of you, to smile, and to love them with all that you have.  


No comments:

Post a Comment