Sunday, September 5, 2010

Numberrr 5!

Good Company

First thing: Happy Birthday Miss Betty! :)

Now blog:
I took Napoleon out on a walk at 630 this morning, the sun was just waking up along with the city. But I had an amazing night. One of those nights you feel like your heart is full, memories are etched in your brain forever and your cheeks hurt from all the smiling and laughing you did. 

So I think it's very fitting that my 5th blog, lands on the 5th day of the month which happens to be my dear friend's birthday. 

I literally spent the whole night out. And I have not done that in awhile. And I'm so glad that I did, and I did it this way.
Out here in New York City, clubs/bars/lounges don't close till 5am and in some places not even till 6am! So my friend was turning 20fo' and of course wanted to just have a good time with people she really cares about. We all meet at this hole-in-the-wall place (White Noise)that plays great music that range from The Supremes-The Cure-Greenday (oh and the dj looked like a Holy Santa Claus) and the drinks were strong. As it turned midnight it was officially Miss Betty's Birthday so a shot and a toast for all! We stayed at this place mingled,had a couple drinks and danced until sweat would drip till about 3ish. It was around that time that Betty's small number of of 9 dwindled down to just 4. And the 4 of us decided well since everyone is hitting the road...it was time for pizza! It was then that I was introduced to this pizza joint.. "Artichoke"  which is basically eating pizza with spinach dip slathered on it. IT was delicious. After greasing our stomachs the 4 of us then met up with 2 more lovely people (friend's of Betty's of course), and decided to hit Karaoke. Now. I, myself, am hardly in the mood for karaoke, unless I'm super drunk or there's a good group going. And I'm glad it was the latter. We sang our voices out...literally, till we got kicked out due to closing time. So afterwards we led Miss Betty to her favorite cafe where we then grabbed coffee/tea/juice and had Betty blow out a birthday cupcake before saying our farewells for the evening. 

It was a wonderful evening. I'm so glad that Betty enjoyed it. She's got herself a group of wonderful friends, ones that really care, love and support her. We were all there last night/earlier today due to one common ground : Betty : and we were all there to have a good time with her and in doing so, we walked away with new friends, new memories, and good times. 

You cannot mistake the feeling of being around Good Company. I learned that you don't have to know people forever, you don't even really have to know their name to have a great time...BUT you do have to have some common grounds. Perhaps, we all lucked out because having Betty as a mutual friend is amazing and you just know you're bound to meet some kick-ass people. We were all strangers but also not. 
The feeling of being around Good Company makes you always wish the night was a little bit longer, that the "natural" high lingers and the laughter goes on. Nobody is selfish, it's really one of those "we are all in this together" and because of that the good vibes keep rollin'. 
Good Company makes you realize the simple things in life. The things that matter most. That having a good time doesn't need money, it just needs good people. And a good time can be happen anywhere, anytime and with anyone. 

After a long night out, only drunk off of having a good time (good! less calories and headaches for all!!), sore feet, the smell of everyone's perfume/cologne on your shirt (from all the goodbye hugs), a scratchy throat, a deep almost- not-there voice, and tired eyes, I crawled into bed with a happy heart, a happy dog and knowing a friend had a very Happy birthday! :) (yes I know, I can be cheesy at times) 






No comments:

Post a Comment