Saturday, September 11, 2010

11

Sept. 11. 2010.
9/11. NYC.

I was a Soph. in Highschool when Sept 11 hit. My family just moved from Palmdale to Ventura County. The house that was bought wasn't ready for move in so we stayed with a family friend. 
I was having breakfast and the news was always on, for the family liked to have it on as the girls got ready for school. 
It was then I saw the 2nd tower get hit, as I was eating my Cap'n Crunch with the 2 little girls.

When I got to school of course everyone was talking about it. And we didn't do anything in my first 3 classes but watch the news. 
When I got to my English class the teacher made us write down on a piece of paper how we felt. 
I remember writing "I don't know how to feel, I don't know how to say". And I really didn't. I literally couldn't comprehend what the eff was going on! .  It wasn't because I was over-come with emotions, I just really had no idea what was going on...


NOW that I  have lived in a city, a beast that has stolen my heart for almost 6 years now.  I UNDERSTAND. Not just the politics of it all and what happened. But I understand Sept 11. on a deeper meaning... on a deeper level. 
And NOW i have no words, because I can't find the write ones to describe Sept 11 in NYC. 
Tonight. You can literally close your eyes. And feel with your heart what this city is all about. 
Always remember. Never forgotten. Honoring lives.
I love you, New York. 



A photo taken from Brooklyn by a Friend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment