Thursday, September 2, 2010

Numero Dos

:Giving UP:




As Napoleon and I walked home from a lovely dinner with a good friend, I over heard a couple screaming and shouting. All I heard in their argument was "I GIVE UP".
I thought to myself hmm. What would I give up? I thought about material things at first. Until I thought about what my friend said over dinner. She said "Shanel, I give up, I give up on trying to please everybody." And I was like now that's it, that's right, there's a lot of things I can give up on and I should start immediately.


And so in my mind I made a list of what I give up on...
I give up on excuses..they only allow me to be less than my best

I give up on trying to please everyone else before myself...it only allows my life to have less meaning to me

i give up on proving that I am good enough...it only opens the door for people to prove me wrong...I am good enough...and if I am myself people will see that

I give up on how
I should feel....it only allows me to run from how I do feel

I give up on
making due...it only allows me to measure my life by relative gains...I lost and she lost...but she lost more than me so I win...I give it up

I give up on saving for the future....
this is all i have...right now

I give up on
analyzing everything in life..it only allows me to focus on the opportunity cost of a situation

I give up on
waiting...wating for life to happen to me..I am happening to life

I give up views of being
mediocre...I don't see anyone else as such..so i won't view myself that way anymore..

I give up on trying to make a difference in the world..
I am the difference in the world...what I do affects the world so I am going to act accordingly

I give up on my
insecurities..it only allows room for self doubt

I give up on
trying to be unique...It will come naturally because there is no one else in the world like me.

I give up on the idea of "finding myself"...because somethings
I have to lose to find myself.

Somethings...
you have to let go..or they will always pull you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment